I was so excited to find my friends creating a Summer List the other night. They came up with a list of things that we all have to do this Summer. I will share some of the list with you in the coming weeks. Today, let's tackle St. Louis Summer Festivals!!!
Here are a few festivals you CAN'T miss this Summer
1. Pride Fest. It's June 23 - 24 in downtown St. Louis. It's actually the city's largest downtown festival and it's the BEST parade (Sorry Mardi Gras). I mean c'mon have you seen that balloon brigade? Anything goes, but they always keep it classy. . . well. . .yeah. . . ummm. . .for the most part. There was that one year that I ran into the guy in the "Borat" style onesie. Can I unsee that, please? It's just two days of inclusion, music, drinks and pure fun! The parade is Sunday, June 23rd. Coming soon is a list of musical acts. iHeartMedia is a proud sponsor.
2. Fair St. Louis. Free concerts. Who doesn't love NOT spending money to see huge national acts? Me! This year. . . Fair St. Louis goes back to its old stomping grounds, the Arch Grounds!!! The dates aren't consecutive this year. The dates for Fair St. Louis are July 4th, July 6th and July 7th. I'm hearing the announcement of acts should be made soon. In any case, it's just a good chance to spend quality time with friends and family. Great people watching, too.
3. LouFest. Remember how I said it's great to see bands for free. Well. . . in the case of LouFest, it's worth EVERY penny to see about 100 bands over the course of a weekend! I literally sobbed at one point last year. I saw this soul singer and all these people connecting with her and it moved me to tears. It's an incredible event that a mighty staff works hard to create memories and magic every year. The line up is so dope - Chris Stapleton, Lauryn Hill, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, The Killers, Huey Lewis & the News, Outkast and so, so, so many others have taken to one of the three stages in Forest Park over the years. Can. Not. Wait for this year's line up unveiling!! This year's festivals is September 8th and 9th with LouFest U on September 7th, exclusively for college students.
4. Great Forest Park Balloon Race. It's one of my favorite, favorite events of the year!!! I don't know why, but i'm absolutely mesmerized with hot air balloons. How cool is it to see the St. Louis skyline dotted with hot air balloons?!?! I spin around like i'm a little girl!!! It's always held in beautiful Forest Park (how lucky are we to have this?!) . This year's date is September 14th for the Balloon Glow and September 15th for the Great Forest Park Balloon Race. The Balloon Glow is super cool. All the hot air balloonists (is that what they're called, or I guess, pilots??) light up the balloons after the sun goes down. Super cool!
5. The Bull Float Trip. Have you heard the stories?! The stories are real. The people watching is off the chain. Honestly, you don't have to love country music to enjoy it. Our sister station, 93.7 The Bull does always do a great job, though, of securing some big name country acts. If you like to consume adult beverages, well, this is for you! It's two days of drankin', music, and friends. This is where memories are made, in Leasburg, Missouri. This year's Float Trip is August 17th and 18th.